1. How do I register for Bowl For Kids' Sake online?
Click the Register now for 2019 button and complete the form. You will be guided through the registration process. Once your registration is complete, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to your fundraising webpage.
2. Do I need to personalize my page?
No. However, people who personalize their page to share about why they are raising money for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Iowa raise a lot more money! It only takes a few minutes to add a picture and a few words.
3. I am a Team Captain. What do I need to do?
1) Recruit 3-4 people to join your team (maximum of 5 people per team).
2) Sign up for a bowling session time and center that works for your team.
3) Encourage team members to each raise $125 or more to meet your team goal. Share information about the impact of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Iowa, keep your team informed about incentive prizes, and communicate their success (Katie just got a $50 donation! Joel has already exceeded his goal of $200! Our team just passed the $1,000 mark!).
4) Have fun! Join us at the bowling center to celebrate your team’s success! Remember, it’s not about how good of a bowler you are, it’s celebrating the impact the money your team collected will have on our community!
5) Say THANK YOU! Thank your team members for their time and commitment to participate. Don’t forget to say thank you to the people who donated to you. Call or e-mail them after the event to let them know how much money your team raised and thank them for supporting local children.
4. I need some quick ideas on how to fundraise. Any suggestions?
Social media, email or a good old-fashioned phone call are all great ways to let people know that you are doing your part to improve the lives of central Iowa's youth and they can too. Get creative! Need more help? Give Amy a call at 515-288-9025 x235 or send an email. We're happy to brainstorm a few ideas with you!
5. How can I see who has donated to me and who has joined my team?
Sign in to your personal page to view sponsors and teammates.
6. Can friends and family make a donation to me by going through the main website?
Yes. On the website's homepage, friends and family can locate you by clicking on the "Donate to a Bowler" button. By typing in your name, they will be directed to your personal page.
7. Can my donors pay by cash, check or credit card?
Yes! Credit card donations can be made on the donate page. Checks can be mailed to our office, and we will credit the money to your personal fundraising goal. Stop by our office to drop off cash donations, just remember to make note of each donor and the donation amount. Our address is 9051 Swanson Blvd, Clive, IA 50325.
8. Where does the money raised from Bowl For Kids' Sake go?
100% of the money raised through Bowl For Kids' Sake stays here in our community. We depend on the money raised from Bowl For Kids' Sake to carry out the work of carefully matching children with caring adult mentors and providing ongoing support to the child, volunteer mentor and child's family. Check out the About section for more information on how Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Iowa works.
9. Why is the "Bowler" search not finding a Bowler that I know has registered?
You must type in the first name or last name of the Bowler exactly how they entered it when they registered. Try using just the first few letters of someone's name if you're not sure how it's spelled. If you have a problem locating a bowler that you are sure has registered, please contact Amy at 515-288-9025 x235 or send an email.
10. How can I see who has donated to me?
Sign into your personal page. You can then view your donor list and the amounts that have been donated.
11. All of my donors are not showing up on the scroll mechanism. Why?
Some donors prefer to keep their gifts anonymous. When someone makes a donation, they can choose if they would like to have their name, donation amount, and/or a message appear on your personal page.
12. Is my information secure?
Yes. Engaging Networks (this site) has made every effort to protect your information. We use industry-standard SSL encryption techniques to make sure that your credit card information, passwords, and personal information travel securely over the Internet. We have also installed an encryption engine on our database server so that your data is securely stored.
13. What is the long website address in registration confirmation email?
This website address will take you to your personal page. This address link is automatically included in any emails that are sent through the email center on your personal page. You can also copy and paste this link into any other form of email or social media.