Putt 4 Cass - Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I register for Putt 4 Cass online?
Click the Register Now for 2018 button on the home page and complete the form. You will be guided through the registration process. Once your transaction is complete, you will receive a confirmation email receipt with a link to your fundraising webpage.
2. Do I need to personalize my page?
People who personalize their page to talk about why they are raising money for Big Brothers Big Sisters raise a LOT more money. Share your story! It only takes a few minutes to add a picture and a few words. Have fun with it!
3. I am a Team Captain. What do I need to do?
1) Recruit 3 people to join your mini golf team
2) Sign up for a mini golf time that works for your team. Choose an hour between 10 am and 2 pm.
3) Encourage team members to raise $100 or more to meet your team goal. You can share information about Cassidy, the ShineOnCass mentoring program and the impact of Big Brothers Big Sisters on your community. Share your fundraising page and communicate your team's success (Katie just got a $50 donation! Connor has already exceeded his goal of $200! Our team just surpassed the $1,000 mark!)
4) Make sure your team members bring a pledge sheet and all cash donations to the event.
5) Join us on May 19th at Gifford's Famous Ice Cream and Mini Golf in Waterville. Remember, it’s not about how good a golfer you are, it’s celebrating the impact the money your team collected will have on your community!
5) Say THANK YOU! Thank your team members for their time and commitment to participate! Don’t forget to say thank you to the people who donated to you! Call or e-mail them after the event to let them know how much money your team raised and thank them for supporting local children!
I need some quick ideas on how to fundraise. Any suggestions?
Raising funds online is the best way to fundraise for your team. Create and share your page on FaceBook, Twitter and other social media platforms. You could also hold a bake sale at your school or business. Ask if your company can have a dress-down day in support of BBBS. Conduct a bottle drive or hold a 50/50 drawing. Get creative! Need more help? Give us a call or email!
How can I see who has donated to me and who has joined my team?
Sign in to your personal page to view donors and teammates.
Can friends and family make a donation to me by going through the main website?
Yes. Making a donation online is fast, east and safe! On the home page of the website, supporters can locate you by clicking on the green button Donate to a Golfer. By typing in your name, they will be directed to your personalized fundraising page.
Can my sponsors pay by cash or check?
Sure! You can collect cash and checks (payable to BBBS Mid-Maine) and keep track of them on your pledge sheet. Be sure to bring all donations with your pledge sheet to the event!
Where does the money raised from Putt 4 Cass go?
100% of the money raised through Putt 4 Cass stays here to support the ShineOnCass programs. We depend on the money raised to carry out the work of carefully matching children with caring and responsbile high school mentors and providing ongoing support to the child, volunteer mentor and child's family. Check out the 'About Us' section for more information about how Big Brothers Big Sistersof Mid-Maine is changing lives!
Why is the "Donate to a Golfer" search not finding a Golfer that I know has registered?
You must type in the first name or last name of the Golfer exactly how they entered it when they registered. Try using just the first few letters of someone's name if you're not sure how it's spelled. If you have a problem locating a golfer that you are sure has registered, please contact us.
How can I see who has donated to me?
Sign in and review your dashboard. You can view your donor list and the amounts that have been donated.
All of my donors are not showing up on the scroll mechanism. Why?
Some donors prefer to keep their gifts anonymous. When someone makes a donation, they can choose if they would like to have their name, donation amount, and/or a message appear on your personal page.
Is my information secure?
Yes. Engaging Networks has made every effort to protect your information. We use industry-standard SSL encryption techniques to make sure that your credit card information, passwords, and personal information travel securely over the Internet. We have also installed an encryption engine on our database server so that your data is securely stored.
What is the long website address in my confirmation receipt?
This website address will take you to your personal donation page. This address link is automatically included in any emails that are sent through the email center in event headquarters after you have logged into the website. You can also copy and paste this link into any other form of email to share it with donors!