Held annually the Saturday before Thanksgiving, El Tour de Tucson is a fundraising adventure ride attracting over 9,000 cyclists of all ages and abilities from throughout the United States and worldwide, consisting of novice, intermediate, advanced, and professional cyclists. Join The Defenders for El Tour de Tucson 2019 on Saturday November 23rd, 2019.
SoAzBigs Defenders can choose to pedal a 25, 50, 75, or 100-mile tour through the Sonoran Desert from flat to rolling or moderately hilly course options. All cyclists are winners as all tour finishers receive a medal based on the distance completed. While the chosen distance dictates your start time and location, all tours end at Armory Park for the Downtown El Tour Celebration, a fiesta complete with music, drinks, food, vendors and more.
1 – 2 - 3-RIDE
- Set up and personalize your online Fundraising Page to meet Your $400 fundraising goal! Share this page via email, social media and gather pledges in person.
- Download, fill out and submit your El Tour Rider Application and Wavier to firstname.lastname@example.org. Click the button to download your form.
- Enjoy the ride! SoAzBigs will keep you posted on practice rides leading up to the tour, fundraising and engagement tips to get your donor base going, and update you on Bigs and Littles who are benefiting right now because of your support!
Fundraising Cyclist Incentive
Join us, be a Defender of Potential, and receive the following benefits and incentives:
BRONZE LEVEL - $400 raised (required minimum to be eligible to ride)
- El Tour de Tucson benefits (as listed on the official application)
- Free entry to ride in the tour at your chosen distance
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Arizona T-shirt
- Custom Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Arizona Rider Jersey
SILVER LEVEL - $750 raised
All of the above PLUS:
- Hydro Surge Bottle with BBBS logo
- Two tickets to the After-Tour Brunch Sunday December 8th, 2019
- Acknowledged as a sponsor for one Big and Little participating the Indoor El Tour or Fun Ride
EL CONQUISTADOR TROPHY - $1,000 raised
All of the above PLUS:
- El Conquistador Trophy, exclusive to tour top finishers and top level fundraisers
GOLD LEVEL - $1,500 raised
All of the above PLUS:
- Port Authority two-tone duffle bag with BBBS logo
- Two tickets to the BBBS Appreciation Event, January 31st, 2020, with live acknowledgement at the event.
Main Event Start Locations and Times
The ride distance you select determines your start location and start time in the tour:
100 Miles (102 miles) start: Armory Park, Downtown at 7:00AM
75 Miles start: Craycroft at Golf Links - cuts across to Old Spanish Trail at 8:30AM
50 Miles (52 miles) start: Morris K Udall Park on Sabino Canyon - ride North to Snyder at 10:30AM
25 Miles (26 miles) start: Heritage Park, Town of Marana at 1:00PM
For more information on the Tour Route, Maps and Cue Sheets visit Perimeter Cycling Maps.
Event Finish Location
The ride distance you select determines your start location in the tour however all distances finish at Armory Park, Downtown hosting the HSL Properties El Tour Fiesta. The Fiesta begins at 6:30AM and ends at 5:00PM. For more information on the Ride Day Schedule visit Perimeter Bicycling Downtown Fiesta.
222 S 5th Ave, Tucson, AZ 85701
LOOP THE LOOP – Saturday September 21st
Ride 6:30-10:30AM and Party 11AM-1PM
Kick off the countdown to the 37th El Tour de Tucson by joining up on the Loop! Enjoy beneficiaries and sponsors greeting you with goodies, fun activities and tour information at booths along the way. The ride wraps up with a party offering music, food and prizes. For more information visit Perimeter Bicycling Loop the Loop.
PACKET PICK UP – HEALTH & FITNESS EXPO – Thursday and Friday November 21st-22nd
Tucson Convention Center, 260 S Church Avenue – 10AM-9PM
All El Tour de Tucson riders must pick up their rider packet in person with a photo ID. The Rider packet comes complete with your entry number and number badges as well as additional goodies and promotional advertisements. The Expo itself is free to the public and hosts many cycling, health and fitness vendors and retailers. SoAzBigs riders pick up their Jersey and fundraising incentives at the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Arizona Booth at the Expo. For more information visit Perimeter Bicycling Health & Fitness Expo.
Entry into the 37th El Tour de Tucson, for non-fundraising riders, can range from $145 for early applicants to $200 for late applicants. As a DEFENDER of Potential, riding and raising money for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Arizona, your entry is included as a cyclist incentive for meeting the minimum goal of $400 raised.